Sunday, September 25, 2011

Criminal Justice Petition: Oregon State Police: Receive Training on Medical Marijuana Policy | Change.org

Criminal Justice Petition: Oregon State Police: Receive Training on Medical Marijuana Policy | Change.org: "WHY THIS IS IMPORTANT

My name is Elvy Musikka and I'm one of only 4 surviving federal medical marijuana patients.

On September 15, I was confronted and harassed by an Oregon State Police officer in Ontario, OR. The officer seized my medicine, interrogated me, and stated firmly he did not believe I was a medical marijuana patient despite me providing the proper paperwork.

I am 70 years old, was born with congenital cataracts and as a child had several eye surgeries, eventually developing glaucoma in my thirties which led to blindness in one eye.

In 1988, I was placed into the Federal IND program. To this day I am authorized to receive 300 medical marijuana cigarettes each month from the Federal Government. Before anyone could become a member of this program we had to have reliable doctors, extensive medical records, and had to prove to FDA, DEA and NIDA that cannabis the most effective, the most reliable, and is the safest part of our treatment."

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment